Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Some Mushy Stuff

Today I turn 28 and I am having a harder time with it than any normal person should but I think I know why and it has nothing to do with the number.

For the first 27 1/2 years of my life (before Fin was born) there was always something I couldn't wait for. I couldn't wait to graduate, to work, to get engaged, to get married, to own a home, to have children and for the first time in my life it's going too fast and I can wait. I've always lived for what is to come and I now realize how much I've "missed." I am finally able to do what my Mom always said to do. Enjoy now. Live for today. I have a wonderful family who, for the most part, are healthy. I have a great career, home etc. I am loved and have so many that I love in return.

I read numerous blogs. In fact I'm not sure what I did before blogs existed :) Anyway, I was reading a blog that I found through another blog and she had this song posted and the lyrics just spoke to me. I put the link to the song at the bottom of the post.

I hope you have a wonderful day and know that I am thankful and blessed to have all of you in my life!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/trace-adkins/217378/youre-gonna-miss-this.jhtml

3 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

Oh, so true! What a sweet song and so down to earth. Thanks for sharing!

Heidi Sue

PS I like your blog facelift!

Dan and Leigh said...

Well said! America is always living for the "next" thing! It's a good reminder:) I LOVe reading blogs too:) You get so many perspectives and hear how "normal" everyone is! Some people with trackers though accuse people of being stalkers....HELLO...it's on the flipping internet!

teacherwoman said...

Okay, love the new blog look! I went and checked out the site you were using ... ended up playing around with it for a few hours.

Now, I would LOVE to know how you added all that stuff to your blog??? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stacy