Sunday, September 2, 2007

One Week Old!!





Ok, so I intended to write a bit sooner and post more pics but new babies are a lot of work!! She is quite time consuming. I promised a birth story so here is the very shortened version. If you are interested in the long version ask my Mom or Cody, I don't remember much.


On Fri. Aug 24th I started experiencing severe back pain. The diagnosis was kidney stones and the pain was uncontrollable with meds so an induction was decided upon with immediate epidural placement. The epidural took care of the pain and after meds to get my cervix ready for labor my water broke on its own at 8:30 Saturday morning.


I progressed to 10cm by 3:30 but developed an infection in the placenta and in the mean time I had to get a second epidural because the first was not covering the labor pain. I started pushing @ 4:30 and my kidney pain gradually returned. After 45 min if pushing the kidney pain was unbearable and the Dr decided to use a vacuum to help. So at 5:33 with the assistance of the vacuum Finley was born. She was a bit stunned and needed some O2 but was ok. I, on the other hand, started to bleed and needed 2 different medications to get the bleeding under control.


That's about it in a nut shell. It was not the birth I was expecting but she is so beautiful and worth everything I had to go through. These are a few more pics from her 1st week of life.


Wendy

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is so adorable! I can't wait to see baby Finley again!

Gerving's said...

Congrats!!! She is so adorable! Aren't girls fun!! Hope all is well and that we see you soon! The Gerving's

Gerving's said...

Congrats!! Aren't girls fun!!! Hope all is going well for you. She is absolutely adorable!! Hope to see you soon! The Gerving's

Unknown said...

Sorry I'm a bit late in posting....congratulations! She is so beautiful! We are so happy for you two...
Joe and Jen Engler