Sunday, September 9, 2007

2 Weeks Old!!


Her favorite "Don't Shoot" sleeping pose.
She even sits like a big girl!! She is so advanced.
This big girl stuff can sure wear a girl out.
Her favorite pacifier, her finger.
Daddy and Finley enjoying a little football.
I can't believe we are already 2 weeks into Finley's life!! She is currently weighing in at a hefty 6# 1.7oz and continues to eat like a champ.
Grandma Deb left on Thursday morning and I was diagnosed with mastitis on Thursday night so the first day didn't go so well. Since then Finley and I have been able to get on some sort of a schedule and she is even sleeping up to 4 hours a night. I never thought I'd be so excited about getting 4 hours of sleep!!! We also bought a sling so I've been "wearing her" in the afternoons while she sleeps and I've been able to get a lot done while still snuggling with my baby.
On Tuesday we joined a new parents group that meets once a week. It has been great to spend a couple of hours visiting with other women who are going through what I am going through. They are very helpful and supportive and I've already made some great friends. Wow! That's a lot for one week!!
Wendy

6 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

Oh, Mastitis is horrible. I battled that twice in the first few months. All I can say is Vitamin C! There's this Emergen-C powder that you can get at Target or wherever that you just mix with water. When/If I ever feel a sore spot, blocked duct or whatever I start taking that 3-4 times a day and I haven't had to deal with Mastitis since January.

Also, be careful of Thrush. If you're on antibiotics, it's super easy to get thrush. Start eating tons of yogurt with live cultures in it. Also, you can get Probiotic at Whole Foods (capsules with the healthy bacteria that you need to keep your yeast levels down). Thrush is NO FUN, so I would highly recommend the above.

Your baby is just ADORABLE. It's so fun to see such a tiny baby. Sorry your labor experience wasn't the greatest, but what a beautiful little girl, eh? Enjoy your time off. It goes way to quickly!

Heidi Sue

DMB said...

So sorry to hear about your mastitis! :( I hope you're feeling better. Finley is an absolute doll...and definitely very advanced. :D

D

MomS said...

She's perfect. I miss her.

love
MomS

The Tomlin Family said...

So cute! So tiny still! Fatten that baby up! Hope you feel better....

Jess

Crazy Happy Times said...

She is sooo tiny! Such a little sweetie! I hope you feel better soon!

Monica

MomS said...

Does Cody have something stuffed under his shirt???