Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh sleep how I miss Thee!

Of all of the things I wish my daughter would have inherited from me, my love of sleep is at the top of the list. Unfortunately that did not happen. Last night may have been the all time high number of times she woke up at around 10 times. I'm not sure the exact number partially due to the fact that she got up so many times and I just lost track and also because I am delirious because of sleep deprivation. My daughter hates sleep. She hates going to sleep, she hates staying asleep and most of all she hates sleeping in her own crib as opposed to our bed. I have tried letting her cry it out (she becomes hysterical) I've tried going in and comforting her but not picking her up (more hysteria) I've tried giving her the passy and turning on her waterfall machine (that works just long enough for me to get warm under the covers) and I've tried nursing her to sleep which works but she wants to nurse 3-5 times a night.

I am at a loss. How did a child who came from me, someone who loves to sleep, come to be anti sleep? Sleep is great! I just want to tell her what a wonderful thing she is missing out on and depriving her parents of. Unfortunately she is 6 months old and she doesn't listen very well (not that her listening skills will improve with age) and she doesn't understand the pain she is causing her mother. Lucky for her she is the cutest baby night or day, sleep or no sleep. Ugh! The joys of motherhood.

No comments: